Here at SportsBetting we want you to enjoy gambling. Laying bets can be fun, exciting and add to the enjoyment of sporting events. Casino and Poker games can provide hours of entertainment testing your luck and skill.
We recognize, though, that gambling can become a problem for some individuals, and when it gets out of control it can impact people’s financial stability and personal relationships.
To know if gambling has become problematic for you, try to answer the following questions:
1. Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
2. When you run out of money while gambling, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
3. Do you gamble until your last dollar is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of coffee?
4. Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
5. Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
6. After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
7. Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
8. Do you feel depressed or feel that you are likely to harm yourself because of your gambling?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may have a gambling problem.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your life or someone else’s, there is help available. To speak to someone about this, there are a number of Support Organizations available offering free and independent advice.
We advise that you consider assistance from one of these recognized organizations:
Resources for International Players: www.gamblingtherapy.org/en/categories/gambling-help
These organizations provide a global service, offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling. They have e-mail and live chat support 24/7.
We understand that your personal and/or financial circumstances may change and that there will be times when it makes sense to take a break from gambling. We also acknowledge that if you realize you have a gambling problem, it is important for you to receive assistance to stop.
For that reason, we provide a mechanism for you to stop gambling for a period of time, or stop altogether.
Time Out: Take a Break
If you want to take a break from gambling, let us know. We can close your account for you for a period of time. If you choose to take a time out, any ungraded bets will remain active with any account balance remaining unaffected.
You can contact us again when you wish to reopen your account.
If you want to prevent yourself from gambling permanently, we also have available a Self-Exclusion option.
Stop Gambling: Self-Exclusion
If you feel that your gambling has become problematic, you have the ability to self-exclude yourself by contacting our Player Services team. During self-exclusion, you will not have access to your account, and we will take reasonable measures to prevent you from using the account or opening another account.
Once the self-exclusion is applied, you will also no longer receive any further marketing materials from us. Any ungraded bets will be graded when the event finishes and we will enable you to withdraw your winnings but not to use them to bet with.
Your wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. Feel free to contact one of our experienced Customer Service Agents if you require more information about this topic.